Release notes for the OSGi Bundle Versioning Service (OBVS).
Release 1.0.beta and 1.0.beta2 (6th Sept, 2010)
First public release of the service.
- Does not provide detailed problem reporting (bundle broken vs. service broken)
- (Bug filed)
- Qualifier part of the version IDs? is dropped upon versioning
- Changes in imported packages not considered (e.g. adding an imported package should bump major part of Bundle-Version, but does not)
- Declarative Services not handled
- Private-Package packages not versioned
- "include" and "exclude" directives not handled, "specification-version" attribute ignored (not updated; only the "version" attribute is updated)
- (Bugs filed)
- Java 5 features (generics, annotations) not considered in bundle comparison
- Some complex generics are not represented and therefore are not compared
- Underlying Java comparator throws exceptions on certain class recursion patterns
Back to HomePage